Monday 13 June 2011

RTS success

Slightly pissed. In Yorkshire. Just won three RTS awards for A Symphony for Yorkshire including best music. The other two were for best team and best multi-platform. We're still waiting for best entertainment award, but the fact that we're up against South Riding and This is England 86 means, I think, that we can all go home now, happy with our hatric, and the fact that we were singularly the most nominated piece! It will never cease to amaze me that I was signing on this morning! 

350 years ago, Pepys went out for the day wearing a White coat made from one of his wife's old petticoats. I don't know why I find that so amusing. Perhaps because I'm drunk! Lord Sandwich left London on this date to sail to Portugal to collect the King's wife-to-be.

Pepys accompanied his master as far as Erith. En route there was much merriment; singing below deck etc. At one point Pepys took his stockings off and bathed his legs in the water. On the way back he ate cherries in Woolwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.