Wednesday 7 September 2011

The urge to move on

A day spent preparing for my court case tomorrow. 18 months since the process started and it looks like the end might finally be in sight. Famous last words, of course. The last time I said this, the blooming thing got adjourned! We're off to Leicester tonight to stay in an hotel because I'm terrified we'll get stuck in traffic tomorrow morning.

I am, however, feeling lousy. I'm exhausted and have been coming down with something for the last few days. No doubt stress-related! I can't wait until tomorrow night when all this business will be over, one way or the other. 

I'm currently trying to get to Julie's house, where I'm picking Nathan up. It's raining miserably and the traffic is hideous. The Blackwall Tunnel has been closed and I can't seem to get south of the river.

I'm stuck in traffic in the other tunnel, choking on fumes with back ache.

There are people from Pakistan on Radio 4. Their voices are grating and irritating. I'm trying to work out if this is a racist remark. 

And what of Pepys? Not a lot. He went to the theatre to see a play acted with puppets. He enjoyed the experience but didn't see much of the play as he was ogling his pin-up girl, Lady Castlemayne, who was sitting near him in the audience, one assumes not entirely by chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.