Wednesday 9 November 2011

It's like magic

It's been another day of tiring rehearsals at Julie and Sam's house in Catford. The drive down here took me through Hackney and the Blackwall Tunnel and seemed to last forever. My back was aching by the time I pulled up outside their house.

We rehearsed with an orange and chocolate cake sitting on the table, which was obviously a very useful incentive, because everyone sang very beautifully. We were working largely on solo material, and I have to say that there are some extraordinary voices singing my music. I feel blessed. It's times like this I have to smile to myself at the thought that someone in the Lincolnshire choir actually wrote in a court document that I'd only wanted to work with them to have my ego massaged by the sound of a brilliant choir singing my music. Sadly, I never got to discover whether there was any truth in her claim, but I finally know how it feels to have my ego massaged by brilliant singers! 

We've also just had a very lovely pasta dish for tea whilst watching reality TV, so all in all I'm feeling pretty good.  

Pepys spent the afternoon and much of the evening with Lady Sandwich. They talked about many things, but Lady Sandwich put much effort into urging Pepys to lavish his wife with more gifts. Pepys took her point and resolved to treat Elizabeth to a bit of lace the next time he went shopping. Bless him! (I think...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.