Friday 28 September 2012

The edge of the precipice


I’ve not really been able to get a handle on today. I'm aware that this big event is looming on the horizon and that there's probably all sorts of things I should be doing, but everything feels like it’s going in slow motion whilst the time ticks away at an alarming speed.

I spent the morning with a BBC London crew in Hoop Lane cemetery being interviewed about the Requiem. The adorable Wendy, who asked the questions, seemed genuinely excited and moved by the project. In fact, there’s a real sense of something rather unique happening and I sincerely hope that this manifests itself in sales. My target is to sell 2000 copies, which will safely pay all investors back. I've sold about 30 so far, which is lovely and everything, but ABBA had over a million pre-sales when they released The Album!

This afternoon I sat on the sofa packaging up a whole load of CDs to send to the people who’ve pre-ordered copies of the work. I sent one CD as far as the USA. The rest, unsurprisingly, have gone to Londoners and people in the parts of the UK where I have a small following; Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Newcastle, Manchester.

It's been another rainy day today; slightly concerning because the BBC were predicting "light cloud" until this morning. Still, there’s been no let-up in the BBC’s belief that the sun will shine throughout tomorrow. Let’s hope it dries the ground and means I don’t get 30,000 phone calls from people tomorrow asking if the event is “still on...”

I’ve had my hair cut and bought a shirt, and now I need to eat something and write a speech before I go to bed. One day left...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.