Wednesday 19 December 2012

Lewes Carroll song book

We're somewhere in the darkest corner of South East London attempting to make our way back to civilisation. It was Anthony from the choir's Christmas party tonight. As a freelancer, I don't find myself being invited to many Christmas parties, so it was lovely to chow down on some festive fodder and chat to a few new faces. 

I spent the rest of the day composing. I've set myself the target of completing 2012 - a year where it feels I've done nothing but compose - by writing two more songs. For some time I've wanted to write a book of songs for children's voices based on Lewis Carroll poems. I think it would be nice to unearth a couple of lesser-known gems alongside the obvious pieces from the Alice books, so if anyone has a suggestion, now's the time to get in touch. 

We're now on the North Circular, so civilisation is in sight. I am exhausted and a little bit snappy, so writing anything else is probably a bad idea. Sleep well, folks...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.