Monday 7 January 2013

Gravy

I've just made the most agreeable gravy, with stock cubes, a knob of butter and half a tonne of port. Nathan and I don't really drink, but have a cupboard full of high quality alcohol left over from various parties which I'm always delighted to add to gravy to give it that special meaty flavour... Not that I have any idea what meaty actually tastes like! It's 31 years now since I last ate anything with a face or a mother, although I did find myself looking at a fish finger in Sainsbury's today and wondering what it might taste like, but that's probably because I've never eaten a bright orange bread crumb before and the ADHD kid in me wants a reason to climb the walls! 

I've been a-pitching all day. It's time to try and get something exciting on the slate for 2013, and I've put together a document which outlines a potential way forward for my composition about The Thames. 

There's not a lot else to say, really. Nathan and I have just sat down to watch last night's Dancing on Ice, and every time Beth Tweddle does the splits on the ice, Nathan says "cold minge," which is obviously making me giggle quite a lot.

They repeated 100 Faces on telly in the North East and Cumbria this evening. It's a little strange to think that it's all going on again without me. Apparently the BBC's website which shows the film in the area has had 4000 hits, which is great to hear. Messages of support are still coming in and I'm still incredibly proud of the film. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.