Wednesday 24 April 2013

Losing it

I reckon I'm losing it! I have done nothing but stare at a computer all day. This morning was all about the application to the Arts Council and this afternoon was all about the quiz. And true to form, technology did its best to flummox me at every stage of the journey. It's now 10.30pm and I have just been expelled from the loft by Nathan. Our printer has run out of colour cartridge but won't stop printing out useless pieces of paper. I wondered if throwing a little stool across the room would help. It didn't. 

My only break today came in the shape of walking into Muswell Hill - in mega heat - to buy stationery and cake ingredients for the quiz. I genuinely don't know if I'm coming or going...

Nathan has taken over the task of trying to delete things in the print queue from my computer, but in the process the computer has crashed because there's so much stuff open on the desk top. Every time I think of something else I need to do, I open another word document and start writing. I have just closed down 49 different documents, all half-written. 

We still haven't got Nathan's computer back from the repair shop, we have scores of musical montages to create, a million cakes to cook, paper cups and orange squash to buy, and Nathan is now working every day between now and Saturday. Tomorrow I'm in Chester for the whole day. I have to drive there and back in a day.

If the computers continue to crash and misbehave I simply don't know how we're going to have everything ready by Saturday. Genuinely not a clue. 

We will, of course, because there's no other option, but life really shouldn't be this stressful. 

If anyone reading this has any time on Friday to come to my house to help me bake cakes, do feel free to get in touch! 

But otherwise, don't forget to come to the quiz. It would just be so sad if no one came after all this hard work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.