Wednesday 3 April 2013

Shivering

I seem to be watching a documentary about the Hillsborough Stadium disaster, which is a fairly upsetting experience. Thank God the recent enquiry got to the bottom of the grotesque police cover-up, although 23 years seems like an excusably long period of time for the people of Liverpool to have to wait for their closure. The Sun newspaper in my view needs to be posthumously taken out of circulation for publishing those hideous reports about the tragedy. 

I've been writing pretty solidly for twelve hours, so I think I'm probably owed a little rest. At about 3pm this afternoon, my friend Tina emailed to tell me that the Four Colours project was fully funded and that she'd donated the final fiver. I immediately checked my emails and found the confirmation from We Fund: "congratulations, your project has been fully funded." 

We're slowly getting there! All we need now is to raise £500 at the quiz, and we'll have enough money to pay for the reproduction of CDs, which means 100% of every sale can go straight to the Kaleidoscope
Trust. This is obviously very good news.

I don't know what else to write, really. I haven't spoken to anyone since Nathan left the house at noon and as a result I'm feeling a little jittery. I'm taking myself (and this blog entry) to the shops in the hope that a whiff of spring evening air will make me feel a little bit more human. 

*goes to shops*

The wind is up and everything feels a little autumnal out here. A few crocuses are bravely poking up from flower beds. They look a rather strange colour in the sickly halogen street lights. There are some daffodils by the A1. They seem to be shivering; daring each other to bloom. "I've heard it's not that bad once you're open" says one, "go on then," says the other, "I dare you..." "One more day in bed. I'll open up tomorrow. I promise!"

The man in the newsagent seemed to be staring at me. I initially thought it was because I most look like the living dead but then remembered that they treat everyone in their shop like potential thieves. Even the regulars. Anyway, I've bought a soggy tomato and some halloumi, so I reckon that makes it tea o'clock. Have fun tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.