Saturday 1 June 2013

Much Ado

I seem to be in a hall in Wiltshire surrounded by adults dressed as children, all of whom are acting like five-year-olds. It's as sinister as it is surreal, but I've grown to expect nothing less from the members of the Royal Air Force Theatrical Association. We're rehearsing Much Ado About Nothing on the RAF base near Corsham. 

There are baby pictures lining the walls. They all belong to people in the room and we're having a competition to guess who is who. Nobody seems to recognise mine. I think it's obvious, but people don't know me very well in these parts. I'm dressed as Wonder Woman (not now, in the picture; at the moment I'm wearing a Wee Willy Winky night shirt and a dressing gown.)

We seem to be playing Flap the kipper with fish made out of newspapers at the moment. Earlier on, we played musical statues. I have never seen adults behaving in a more competitive way!

I better post this before I lose consciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.