Monday 8 July 2013

Oh the heat

We've just finished another rehearsal with the Fleet Singers. They're a bit low on bases, so Nathan and I have stepped into the breach and are attempting to bring a new energy to the choir's foundation. 

We're slowly getting there, and I think
we're on for a stupendous performance of the piece. St Anne's Church, for the record, at the bottom of Highgate West Hill; 7pm on Saturday 20th. If you possibly can, come! 

The rest of the day has found Nathan and me trying our hardest to move forward whilst the sheer heat has attempted to turn us into melting ice sculptures. 

At one stage in the afternoon we were trying to tidy the sitting room, but all I felt able to do was sit on the sofa staring at the Hoover! 

Even now, in the relative coolness of the evening, we've entered a house which feels like a Turkish sauna. It's astonishingly hot. I sweated more buying fruit in Hampstead than I did at the gym. 

Poor James, the conductor of the choir, was actually soaking wet by the end of the rehearsal. Still, none of us should complain. This is what we all dearly longed for last summer! Mind you, if they start banning hose pipes again, I think I'll burst a gasket! 

I'm too hot to bust a gasket come to think of it. I have to be as still as possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.