Friday 20 September 2013

Hibernation

Fiona's been with us all day today. She sat with Nathan in the sitting room, the pair of them under blankets in a semi-comatose state, watching telly whilst talking about knitting and iPhones. I joined them in the later afternoon but sat, like a good boy, all morning in the kitchen doing my research. At the moment I'm trying to transfer all the First World War notes I've made into a single, logical document which will enable me to find the information I need when I start to write the piece. For some reason the process is taking forever. 120 pages of text read, re-read, edited and placed under fifty or so individual headings. Dull, dull, dull... 

We had lunch in the greasy spoon and then took a lovely walk along Parkland Walk towards Crouch End. The sun's back this week, early enough in the year for it to still feel like summer. The trees are still green.  I think we may have a few weeks before the leaves start to change colour. 

There's not much else to say, really. We dropped Fiona off at St Pancras, came home for some pasta, and I now intend on melting into a sofa and going into hibernation! 

It's been a long old week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.