Saturday 2 November 2013

Home made crisps

We had a lie-in this morning. Blissful! I think we both slept until at least 11. Waking up of one's own accord is the most wonderful sensation.

Michelle came round at 1ish to run through her music for the soprano session on Pepys, which is the next up on Wednesday. We staggered our way through the music and had lunch in the greasy spoon half way through.

Delightfully, Michelle hung about afterwards and we watched Strictly and the X Factor live on telly for probably the first time in my life!

The evening was made very special by the firework display at Ali Pali which we could see behind the trees by the tube station. There was a mini display going on a little closer to us which felt even more impressive. The fireworks seemed to be bursting just in front of our window!

I threw together a plate of pasta for us all, with some hand made crisps which I was rather pleased with.

I've not touched Brass today, and I have to say it feels a little odd! I'm itching to get going on it again and am pleased to find myself with a couple of clear days to completely immerse myself in its world starting Monday. My aim is to make the language I use surprising. I'm not sure I even know what this means yet, but I think I could fall very quickly into a world of First World War cliche, which I somehow need to fight against. That said, there are certain cliches which an audience would feel disappointed not to see. It's an interesting dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.