Friday 12 September 2014

Rinsy Willis

The journey from LA to London was a deeply gruelling one. I've never been a good flyer, and sometimes night flights send me into a state of apoplexy. It was desperately frustrating; literally every time I fell asleep, I got the feeling that the aeroplane was listing or diving, and woke up with a start, grabbing Nathan's arm. I've done this sort of thing before. Actually I remember doing it repeatedly to Fiona the last time I flew back from San Fran. God help me if I ever go to Australia.

So basically I'm a quivering wreck and feel like death, but it's all been worth it. We've had the most awesome honeymoon.

We tubed it back to Highgate, cursing at the intolerable length of the journey, but returned to find the most beautiful present waiting on our stairs. A card from lovely Abbie welcoming us home, and with the card, a bag of choice groceries; two baked potatoes, a tin of beans, some cheese and a packet of cookies. It is, without question, one of the most touching and thoughtful gifts I have ever received.

We also returned to a spotlessly tidy house. Cindy, who'd stayed on in the house later than us, had made everything look beautiful.

That, with all the wonderful messages we received when things went wrong in San Fran, and we feel like the most loved couple in the world.

Right. Time to catch up on Bake Off with a pair of baked potatoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.