Friday 19 June 2015

Apology

It seems that my blog from yesterday was one of two halves. The first half made people gasp and the second half made people laugh enough to forget what I'd written in the first half, which I've now removed...

This is an official apology for anyone who was offended by the remarks I made. I'm afraid when I wrote them (flippantly and without thinking), I had no idea that the motive for the shooting in South Carolina was race-related. In fact, I didn't realise that black people had exclusively been killed. It's a terrible thing to have happened, and I certainly don't condone it.

There are various journeys which I realise I still need to go on in my life, one of which is to temper my fanatical and blind hatred of organised religion. I'm afraid I've always blamed it for the wrongs in the world and resent it for systematically demonising and persecuting my people. I realise, however that, in the process of pouring scorn on its head, I am guilty of making rash statements and offending people whom I love. In this particular instance I was cack-handedly attempting to open up a debate about the relationship between religion and death. Are deeply religious people any less effected by death, because of their belief in heaven? Is that not what triggers the rashness of suicide bombers?

Anyway, my good friend Carol points out that there is enough hatred in the world without my own brand of intolerance stirring things up, and she is right, so I apologise unremittingly, and ask for the forgiveness of anyone who was offended. I don't think my blog would be at all interesting if it wasn't a little controversial, but I'll be the first to admit when I've gone too far albeit partially unwittingly. 

After writing all that, it doesn't feel like there's much else to say today. So I'll leave you with a series of images of animals photobombing:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.