Monday 23 January 2017

Neighbours

I went to the doctors today after feeling like absolute shite for the entire day. It turns out that the level of oxygen in my blood is really low, so I've been put on a course of antibiotics. It's really very boring. Poor Nathan is also struggling, so we're like a pair of those hairless dogs which do nothing but shiver.
I get hot. I get cold. I shake. I sweat.

There's very little else to say about the day other than that, wrapped in a duvet on the sofa, I watched Neighbours for the first time in what has to be at least fifteen years. I was surprised that I recognised so many of the characters. Toadfish. One of the Scully sisters. Carl and Susan. And, most bizarrely, Stefan Dennis, who left the show whilst I was still at school! Heaven knows when he went back in. Curiously, he doesn't seem to have changed. I remember when he released a pop single. It was probably 1989. I think it was called "Don't it Make You Feel Good." I seem to recall it make great use of the "orchestra hit" sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.